Tuesday, May 1, 2007

A Time of Refreshing...

"For the Mighty One has done great things for me - holy is His Name."
Luke 1:49

God amazes me! The more that I take the time to look for and acknowledge His Sovereign Hand in all of life's circumstances, the more I realize that He's been working all things together for my good - even years before I turned from my rebellion...

LORD, I thank You that You are so faithful to Your Word. Every promise is yes and amen! You are constantly at work in my life and the lives of those around me (even afar off) to accomplish that which concerns us... to prosper us, to give us a hope and a future. LORD, I thank You for faithful servants. Each simple act of obedience to You has far reaching rewards... many of which we will never know until eternity. I thank You for Cindy's obedience to ask Becky to go camping nearly 15 years ago. How could anyone (but You) ever know that this simple obedience would change my life hundreds of miles away. LORD, thank You for Sandra, Ann and Betty who joined with Cindy to show Christ's love to Becky. Thank You for the wealth of experiences and teachings that I now benefit from. Thank You for uprooting Becky and planting her in the rich soil of Houston First Baptist. I praise You that You don't waste a single heartache. Thank You for Carole! I praise You that she was anchored in You when tragedy struck. That she didn't hesitate to testify to Your amazing grace in the midst of her grief. I praise You that You had me in the right place at the right time - at the end of me! Only then was I able to acknowledge my need. Thank You for stripping me bare of all the horses and chariots that I had placed my trust in. If You had left even one I wouldn't know You as my true King. I can thank You now for the death of my Dad. He is at peace with You and I know You more. Thank You for the barren land that I was in at Thanksgiving 2005, for the e-mail from Gospel Light that gave me a taste of Carole's new book and for the link on the website that made it possible to contact Carole. Thank You for the new friend that Carole had made in Becky and that the e-mail was timed just when Carole needed it. Thank You that You prompted her to share it with Becky. Thank You for leading me to check out the website and giving me a deep desire to go to FOCUS week. Thank You for starting a new work on me there. Thank You that this new work has extended past me to my family. Thank You for the friendship of friendships with my "sister" Becky. Thank You that despite the fact that we don't look a thing alike, people see Your glory resembled in us. Thank You for wonderful acts too numerous to mention but O LORD, You know! Thank You for Kent who is so generous with me! Thank You for these past days of refreshing! Thank You for fun & fellowship, great food & good books. Thank You for the most amazing times of worship! How awesome that You don't fit in any box or any mold. Thank You for allowing me to be a servant of Yours. Thank You for arranging the class on consecration, for prison worship, for Jewish marriage customs... Thank You for technology so that I can "sit" under such awesome teaching. Thank You for a husband who is extravagant with me and purchased me an i-pod. Thank You for allowing me to be in Houston with my sister and for the 20 minutes that were so important to me before I boarded the plane. LORD, may I never complain in hardship or trial. As You have proved over and over before - they are just steps to the next mountain top! I praise You, LORD! Amen and amen...

No comments: