Friday, May 11, 2007

He Delights In Me!

Sometimes it takes Truth a long time to travel from the head to the heart. Today, the knowledge that the God of the universe delights in me finally settled into my heart. I was reading in my old Bible, from a time when life was harder, and I came to the verse that this blog is named for... Psalm 18:19. I saw the question mark that I had placed behind the words "spacious place". I remembered the doubt that used to assail me when nothing seemed spacious and instead my world seemed to be crashing in on me. I had highlighted the phrase "delighted in me" and written in the margin the question of my soul do I bring You delight, Lord? From the midst of the battle - when the foe appeared to be gaining ground - it was nearly impossible to believe that anyone, let alone God, could find delight in me. But praise God - He does!!

When I look back upon those years of my life, I can see the Mighty Hand of God reaching down. "He reached down from on high and took hold of me; He drew me out of deep waters." Why? Because I'm His child. Why? Because He chose me. Why? Because He has assumed full responsibility for me. And yes, His Word says that "He rescued me because He delighted in me"! I have been rescued - there is no doubt! Praise the Lord! I choose to stand on the Truth of His Word and praise God I sing a new song!

No comments: