Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Knots Prayer

Dear God:
Please untie the knots that are in my mind,
my heart and my life.
Remove the have nots, the can nots
and the do nots that I have in my mind.

Eraise the will nots, may nots, might nots
that may find a home in my heart.

Release me from the could nots,
would nots and should nots that obstruct my life.

And most of all, Dear God,
I ask that You remove from my mind, my heart and my life
all of the 'am nots' that I have allowed to hold me back,
especially the thought that I am not good enough.
Amen.

(Author Known to God)

Last week my father-in-love sent me this prayer.  It has been on my heart and mind all week.  Perhaps you have some knots in your life.  I tend to know they are there by feelings of anxiety, discouragement, feelings of being overwhelmed.  A few knots were pulling tight on me even this morning.  When knots arise, I'm learning to lean myself on the strength of the Almighty and let Him untie them for me.  Here are some of the Truths He used this morning as He smoothed out each knot that had me bound.

Since Karrie is in Christ, by the grace of God...


• Karrie has been justified – completely forgiven and made righteous. (Romans 5:1)

• Karrie is free forever from condemnation. (Romans 8:1)

• Karrie has received the Spirit of God into her life that Karrie might know the things freely given to Karrie by God. (1 Corinthians 2:12)

• Karrie has been established, anointed and sealed by God in Christ, and Karrie has been given the Holy Spirit as a pledge guaranteeing her inheritance to come. (2 Corinthians 1:21;Ephesians 1:13, 14)

• Karrie has been made righteous. (2 Corinthians 5:21)

• Karrie has been blessed with every spiritual blessing. (Ephesians 1:3)

• Karrie has been redeemed and forgiven, and she is a recipient of His lavish grace. Karrie has been made alive together with Christ. (Ephesians 2:5)

• Karrie has direct access to God through the Spirit. (Ephesians 2:18)

• Karrie may approach God with boldness, freedom and confidence. (Ephesians 3:12)

• Karrie has been rescued from the domain of satan's rule and transferred to the kingdom of Christ. (Colossians 1:13)

• Karrie has been redeemed and forgiven of all her sins. The debt against Karrie has been cancelled. (Colossians 1:14)

• Christ Himself is in Karrie. (Colossians 1:27)

• Karrie is firmly rooted in Christ and now being built up in Him. (Colossians 2:7)

• Karrie has been made complete in Christ. (Colossians 2:1)

• Karrie has been saved and set apart according to God's doing. (2Timothy 1:9;Titus 3:5)

• Karrie has the right to become boldly before the throne of God to find mercy and grace in time of need. (Hebrews 4:16)

• Karrie has been given exceedingly great and precious promises by God by which Karrie is a partaker of God's divine nature. (2 Peter 1:4)

Perhaps you have some knots of your own today.  These precious promises are for every believer in Jesus Christ - the Son of God.  You can be free too!

PS.  leave me a message if you'd like to talk further about freedom in Christ!

No comments: